You can volunteer with GVC Air Cadets if you are aged 18 or over.
We have a number of roles for those who wish to volunteer with us and make a real difference by working with young people.
What will I get out of volunteering?
- As well as gaining recognised skills and having a brilliant time, GVC Air Cadets also offers the chance to build on and develop personal skills, like teamwork, confidence and leadership. It’s being a role model and helping girls to realise their full potential.
- Do something for you and your community.
- Meet new friends living near you.
- Take a refreshing break from your everyday routine.
- Share a skill or specialism.
- Make a difference to the lives of girls in your community.
- Spend time laughing, playing and being inspired by incredible girls and young women.
- Build skills for life.
- Working with young people and other volunteers helps develop valuable, transferable skills like event planning, time management, leadership skills and budgeting.
- You choose the volunteer role that matches your skills and time. Then we’ll help you build skills with training opportunities suited to your role that make your CV stand out. We are a uniformed organisation, but it is completely up to you whether you choose a uniformed or non-uniformed role. All volunteer roles are subject to a DBS check.
Be an inspiration for girls
Your professional and personal experience, a specific skill or simply your enthusiasm – you have so much to share with girls and young women in GVC Air Cadets.
What if I don’t have that much spare time?
Volunteering with us is easy, fun and flexible – how much time you give is completely up to you. Whether you help out weekly, once a fortnight, month or term or just at special events or camps, there is bound to be a role you can play, and no matter how you get involved, we’ll make sure you’re properly trained and supported.
For more information on volunteering with GVC Air Cadets, please contact us.